In the next couple weeks I am going to be developing a Wiki-based project on the Industrial Revolution. While my current unit is solid, it has never really grabbed me. After talking to Bernie and Karl over at SDSU, I was convinced that I could do better using a Wiki.
After deciding to use the Wiki engine SnipSnap, I discovered that it was incompatable with the server space I had just purchased. Luckily I had a plan B, now I am going with MediaWiki – the same engine the runs Wikipedia. After trying to install a number of server based applications in the past, I was quite fearful of this process, but between server control panel and the auto-install option for MediaWiki I did in less than a half an hour. Absolutely amazing.
Now comes the hard part, putting the project together. I have a pretty clear idea of what I want it to look like, as I learn how to use MediaWiki, we’ll see if that vision is even possible.
For now, here is the starting point to the project : Industrial Revolution – WorldHistory