Another one down. I got to focus on the technology projects and classroom simulations I do with my world history students. This one was only three hours long, but it had the most people enrolled and the many of the teachers were as, if not significantly more, experienced as I am teaching world history.
In a surprising twist, I actually had everything outlined, copied, and ready to go hours before I started this morning. However, in order to complicate my life and confuse those around me, I completely changed the schedule as the session continued. We covered everything in the outline, just in a seemingly random order. One person did give me a 3 out of 4 on the organization part of the evaluation. Whatever. 🙂 I think that is part of my organizational problem, I don’t always do what I plan, I do what seems to work. If that means all my papers in one pile versus putting them in designated folders, then there it is.
Over though the workshop was well received. This is the second time I’ve been able to talk up GardenQuest (mistakenly called QuestGarden in a previous post), and I have a number of teachers chomping at the bit to get started on it. The group was great, nothing like a room full of people who do exactly what you do. Having taught a lot of staff development classes over the years filled with math, science, English, foreign language, and social studies teachers at every grade level and sub-discipline, I loved that everyone taught world history to tenth graders. Even my wife’s world history teachers attended (no pressure there).
One workshop to go tomorrow and then one week off and then it all starts over.