- Open up the music player on your computer.
Set it to play your entire music collection.
- Hit the “shuffle” command.
- Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That’s right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It’s time for total musical honesty.
- Write it up in your blog or journal and link back to at least a couple of the other sites where you saw this.
- If you get the same artist twice, you may skip the second (or third, or etc.) occurances. You don’t have to, but since randomness could mean you end up with a list of ten song with five artists, you can if you’d like.
Lucky Ol Sun – Jerry Garcia Band
Burning Down the House Live – David Byrne
Losing my Religion – REM
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – Beatles
Pride – U2
Lullably – Cure
Foundations of Stone – The Two Towers Soundtrack
Cropduster – Pearl Jam
Different Colors, One People – Lucky Dube
Clouds – The Jayhawks
OK. I skipped a Phil Collins song. I don’t know why I even have it.
Here are a couple others…
Work Live Sleep: My Life: Music Shuffle
A View from the Classroom